2016 Fish-For-A-Cure Tournament Rules
PSBA – American Cancer Society
Striped Bass Tournament Rules
1. This tournament will benefit the American Cancer Society and will provide an opportunity for cancer patients/survivors to fish as a “guest” of boat captains who will host them. Designated cancer patients/survivors will not be required to possess a PA fishing license for this event, thanks to a waiver from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
2. I/We waive and release all other contestants, sponsors, tournament officials and the Pennsylvania Striped Bass Association from all claims of injury and/or damage incurred in connection with this tournament. I understand and agree that the Tournament Rules Committee will make the final decision in all tournament matters.
3. The minimum size for stripers to be eligible for weigh-in is 26″ inches in length. In attempt to save stripers, and fish lifted from the water and put in the boat must be in good condition before they are returned to the lake. All stripers that are undersized should be unhooked while the fish is still in the water.
4. Tournament results will be based on the total weight entered for TWO STRIPERS PER BOAT.
5. Entry fee for this tournament is $25.00 per person. Entry fees for the cancer patient/survivor “guests” are also optional. However, the number of rods allowed to be fished will be based on paid entry fees. (3 rods per paid entry)
6. Optional $10.00 “Lunker Pool” is also available. “Lunker” fees for cancer patients/survivors “guests” are also optional. If a team decides to join the “Lunker Pool”, only those who have paid entry fees are obligated to pay “Lunker” fees also. This will be paid out at 50% and 50% going to the American Cancer Society.
7. Registration is from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Friday Sept. 24th, 2016. Location to be announced when confirmed. Those who wish may begin fishing after the mandatory captains meeting following the sign-up.
8. Prize payout will be 50%, with 50% going to the American Cancer Society. The Tournament Committee will decide how many places will be paid out.
9. Except for the fishing license requirement listed above, all state fishing rules and regulations apply. Any contestant cited for a violation during the tournament will be disqualified and all fees paid will be forfeited.
10. The final weigh-in time will be at 6:00 pm, Saturday at the designated place to be announced when confirmed, unless changed at the Captain’s meeting. All fish must be in fresh condition with red gills, clear eyes, etc. All protest against any contestant must be presented to the Tournament Committee in writing prior to the commencement of prize money being paid out. Protests will be handled by the Tournaments Committee. The decision of the Tournament Committee is final.